How it works
- This service allows you to send your old laptops to a student who desperately needs one via their school.
- The system randomly selects which school the computer will go to.
Why do we need it?
- Certain areas are more populated than others, this system randomly allocates computers to those who need them.
- We request when sending that you dispatch the computers to somewhere in your country.
- This service connects people who are willing to send unneeded devices to schools whose pupils need them.
As a sender
- After registering as a sender you can commit to sending a desktop or laptop to a school.
- You will then receive an email containing a unique reference with the postal address of the school.
- Upon sending it across to the school you can fill out the tracking ID of the package.
- The school will give out the computers to the kids so they can learn at home.
- We ask that donors wipe computers before sending them.
As a teacher
- You will need to register for this service using your .sch.uk email address.
- On the console you can select how many desktops and/or laptops you require.
- You can see which ones are in the post and on their way to you, along with their tracking ID.
- If your situation changes you can adjust how many computers you need